I thought I’d be ill for the third new years running, but I seem to have shifted it. Huzzah! So I’m out tonight in Ruthin. Not my first choice for a big night out, but it’s who you’re with not where you are. And I thought I’d make a few resolutions too:
1. Become a straight-edge punk. This one started out as going teetotal, but then I thought I’d go all out – no drink, no drugs, no smoking, no casual sex. I’m already half way there anyway. I tried in June/July 2008, but didn’t last very long. Hopefully I’l do a bit better in 2009. (And I won’t be drinking tonight as I’ll be driving)
2. Leave the old boys in the past. Following on from my previous post, I need a clean break from them. Time to meet some new people!
3. Learn Welsh. I need a better standard of Welsh for my job, and honestly I’m quite embarrassed at how rubbish I currently am! I think I’ll start by teaching myself back up to the standard I used to be, then go to a class and hopefully get a qualification at the end.
4. Give more money to charity. This year most of my donations have been through shopping in charity shops and buying good gifts for people for Christmas. Some charities I want to support don’t have these mechanisms, so I think I’ll set up some direct debits too.
5. Exercise more. I’ve turned into a couch potato again. I know it’s mostly cuz of the weather, but I could still do indoor stuff during the winter, and then go riding when the days are longer.
6. Spend more time with friends. Now that I have most evenings and weekends free I have plenty of time to call up friends and hang out – go for meals, for drinks, to the cinema, theatre, gigs, outdoorsy stuff. Anything to get me out from in front of the TV!
7. And finally, blog more. I say this every year but I always seem to fail. But if at first you don’t succeed…